Browning 358 BLR

milkie62

Always said I would buy a BLR if it was in stainless.Get to my local shop and he has a used 358 stainless with camo synthetic stock.Have been away from guns for awhile so I do not know anything about these.He wants $750 for it.Does anybody know when these were produced ? Would have preferred a 308 for cheaper and more bullet variety.How does the price seem compared to what it was new ? Thanks

That is a great gun!! My dad has one and it is a very good elk gun out to about 300 yards. Drop becomes significant after that, but you get good velocity up to 180 grain bullets.

It depends what you are looking for ? Imho I think of it as a close range brush gun . Drops pretty fast after 300 yards. When would would push timber . We would always have a brush gun in the truck with iron sites and a big heavy bullet. Not affected if it went threw the brush or threw a tree. It was a 444 marlin and it can take down a tree with a few shots. If that is what you are looking for that Browning is a good reliable gun !!

I am just a lever guy at heart.I do use bolt actions up until a couple of years ago when I started to use my 243 BLR on Whitetails.But it is a blued gun with a very nice wood stock,not the gun I would take out in the rain and snow.Had been looking at ss bolt guns up until this point.My max range in my area is about 300 yds and would be using the lightest bullets available for deer.Have been to Colorado a couple of times and know I could have out to 400 yds.After looking at the Browning site and seeing the MSRP's on them the $ 750 price tag seems good,but just do not want to be stuck with only 1 factory load.Only problem is rifle season is almost here so it may not be on the rack for long.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom