Browning BAR Safari II Trigger

Meander

I recently purchased a new Browning BAR Safari II in .300 Win Mag w/BOSS. With the exception of the trigger the rifle is very nice looking and enjoyable to shoot. Soooo... what's up with the trigger in these things. The pull weight itself doesn't seem to bad, but the creep is horrible. Is there a process or product out there that can smooth out the trigger in the BAR's?

Thank you.

I too was concerned with the creep of a BAR that my buddy asked me to get close on paper for him. Don't have an answer for you but i did a bit of thinking on it and after awhile, came to this conclusion;

The trigger may well be designed that way as a safty factor in the semi-auto rifle. If the trigger was nice and crisp, breaking cleanly 3 lbs without creep, might be tougher for good trigger control when you need a quick but accurate second or third shot. The creep actually lets you know, by the distance of travel, at which point the gun is about to fire, less chance of a accidental unwanted firing.

Creep in itself is not a bad thing. Once you get used to it, you very well may like it. In any event sounds like a nice hunting rifle. Good hunting!!

Joey

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom