Browning BPS

Thunderclapper

I'm wondering why this gun doesn't seem to get much attention in shooting circles. It's parts are machined not stamped, bottom eject is handy for retrieving shells, and it has ambidextrous function. Anyone know why it's not more loved?

The BPS has a pretty big cult following, especially with lefties. It would probably be more prevalent if Browning were to put more marketing effort behind it instead of their latest/greatest space age over/unders. Still, it is a mainstay in the browning catalog.

Most people who I know that have a BPS can't say enough good things about them.

I had one...for a couple days. The day i got it, my pard and i took it out to the Bay for some pass shooting of ducks on a flight path that we knew about. When i got it back home, it was completely covered in rust so i took it back to the store that i bought it from showing that i had bought it the day before... They gave me my money back.

That was a long time ago and was probably not the guns fault. I should have cleaned and well oiled that gun before taking it out but i was just so excited to hunt with it...i screwed up. Still, i wouldn't think that it would have a complete coat of rust dust on it after just a few hour hunt, but it did, and i was glad to be rid of it at the time.

Joey

They are amazing shotguns, it's just alot of people prefer the semis over a pump such as the Silver or the Gold and whatever new one they came out with this year, i personally have a BPS 10 & 12 and have yet to have a single problem with them, I also have a Silver 12 and if you don't keep that baby clean you are basically shooting a single shot because it won't cycle.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom