browning opinions

madmoose

looking at the browning FLD in 270short. or poss. the other stalkers, medallions etc. want to hear browning owners accuracy experience with these rifles...looking for 1" rifles. had a factory micro medallion years ago that shot 3/4 in a 284. curious if folks have similar exp. with factory ammo. i dont handload.
browning mentions in their catalog that there rifles are glass bedded. anybody finding any bedding issues. thanks for the input

I have many rifles but I have to say that my Browning A-bolt composite stalker in a .280 is always the first rifle I grab for every hunt I go on. Great gun, great accuracy and great caliber.

I love their shotguns!.....but I'm getting rid of my A-bolt .223wssm as soon as possible. It just won't shoot....Period. MAYBE 3in at 100y. Drives me crazy!

Aim Center Mass
rifleman.gif

I love my A-bolt Medallion. My 7mag will shoot 1" groups at 100 yard consistanly with factory ammo. I just bought a Vortex scope with the B&C reticle to put on it. Should be a good setup. I am hoping to pick up a 243 A-Bolt or X-Bolt in the near future. I have always liked Browning.

Both my .270 Win and .300 Win Mag Abolt Medallions shoot under and inch at 100 yards with factory loads. I would but another one in heartbeat!

MY A bolt .338 shoots well with hot loads, so-so with factory stuff.

My BAR .30-06 shoots so-so with my loads, and terrible with factory loads, except for some reason it LOVES Hornady classic 165's-Shoots 5/8"-3/4" all day long. Go figure....

A-bolt 7mm Rem mag, shoots 3/4" at 100 yards.
Love the 60 degree bolt throw.

Muzzle break and Pachmayer pad, easy and fun to shoot, even off the bench.

I was looking for a Mountain Ti in .270 short, couldn't find one so I ordered a Cooper Model 52 in .280 Ackley Improved that RedRabbit turned me onto.

4678aec03a21ae00.jpg

Enjoy the Cooper Chef. I am envious. I've fired several that belong to friends, and they are a pleasure to shoot. You made a good choice. If you want, I can pick it up and test fire it, they are made in my home town. LOL mtmuley

I have an a bolt silver gold Medallion 270 WSM and it is a tack driver ... love that rifle!

i have A bolt stinless stalker 300wsm love it it shoots under an inch at 100 had the same in 270wsm it shot even better but the x got it stole in the bunch ... soon as the X bolts in stainless stalker hit the shelfs i will have one of each there back ordered 6 mos now ..... best guns i have ever owned will not have another make or calibure again

mtmuley, I'm looking forward to it coming in! Should be Nov hopefully. You could swing by and tell them to hurry it up!

4678aec03a21ae00.jpg

I have an A-Bolt II Medallion I bought on clearance this year in .300wsm. The smallest group I could get with Nosler Partitions was 1.5" handloading, so I switched to Nosler Accubonds and it loves them. I shot a 1/2" group this morning. I was hoping it would shoot the partitions well but I've heard good things about Accubonds so I'll be giving them a try for Oryx and Elk this year.

LTrain210, The Accubond is an excellent bullet. It will handle elk, and oryx as well. Chef, keep us posted on the new Cooper. Loads etc.... mtmuley

LAST EDITED ON Sep-13-08 AT 10:51PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Sep-13-08 AT 10:49?PM (MST)

Like post #1 MARLEY said, I too have a Stalker SS in .280 and it groups around 3/4" at 200' using the 140 Accubonds by Federal.
It is going with me to COLO for Elk this Nov. I also use 150gr Noslers by Federal.

Brian

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom