Browning white gold medallion

darter

I am thinking about getting one of these in a 300wsm just wondering if anyone here has any pros or cons on them.

I had an older model,arround 10-12 years old.Someone had a muzzle brake put on it after market. makes my 300 Winchester recoil like my 243 but it is really loud.Real nice shooter,but did not use it often as I have many rifles to choose from and don't need the 300 mag for most of my hunts.

Darter
I think for the price of that rifle you could buy a nice used custom or even rebarrel a m700 and have a great shooting rifle.

Muley says, "Big con"

lol, yeah, it is! But, there is something in me that really loves holding and hunting a work of art in a rifle and Browning's WGM is a sweetheart of a looking firearm if i've ever seen one. The ones that i like most, by far actually, have the octagon barrel. Stainless, beautiful figured wood stock, a rep for great accuracy, and they are a relatively light weight rig to boot. What's not to like?

If i had to do it all over again with what i know now, i might just buy one of these purdy bastages in 270WSM, make sure i have a decent rangefinder, the best Binoculars out there, and a decent spotting scope fitted to a good daybag. I'd be well set!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom