BUCKSPY

YukonDall

Long Time Member
GOOD LUCK ON THE SHEEP HUNT,DRILL A GOOD ONE. THANKS FOR THE TIPS & BE SAFE. IF IT THUNDERS TAKE LIGHTING PRECAUTIONS. LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR PICS/STORY. YD.

You too man. I'm walking out the door right now for some P.T. Going to go climb a 13'er. Make them guys earn their money and shoot a big ol' nut-draggin' stud of ram!

Geez BUCKSPY you and your Mrs. 'own' the current issue of The Bighorn with all those great Ram photo's....!

YD and BUCKSPY,

Best of luck to you all! I'm really starting to lose sleep over my hunt (counting those sheep doesn't make me sleepy). I head out on the 8th. How many rams do each of you have? If I'm lucky, this Dall hunt will put me at the 3/4 status (lacking a Rocky). You guys be safe, and we'll share a bunch of photos and stories at the end of the month!

DWALTON, THIS IS MY FIRST SHEEP HUNT/ AND I AM REALLY PUMPED. IT IS THE GREATEST FEELING IN THE WORLD TO BE HUNTING THIS EARLY. USUALLY I CAN HARDLY MAKE IT THROUGH THE LONG SUMMER. I TOO AM LEAVING ON THE 8TH. AS I RECALL YOUR GOING TO ALASKA, GOOD LUCK/HAVE FUN/ BE SAFE. WE CAN PUT UP ALOT OF PICS LATER, AND WHO DID YOU BOOK WITH???? I GOT A REAL NICE MOOSE OUT OF THE ALASKAN RANGE ON A 2 MAN DIY HUNT IN 99. I CANT BELIEVE THE AMOUNT OF PREPARATION THAT GOES INTO THESE SHEEP HUNTS, LOTS OF DETAILS/LOGISTICS. GOOD LUCK, YD.

Good luck on your hunt YukonDall. Ive spent some time in that country to the south neighboring Widrigs outfit. Its very rugged, wild, and potentially very cold and wet. I was guiding in Jim Shockeys area, rogue river. I spent some time at his camp thats near the border of widrigs outfit. We did see a group of 5 rams towards the end of August but we couldnt go after them as they were in Widrigs area. Good luck on your hunt and let us know how it goes.

PleaseDear-Only because no one else had submited any at that point. Got any sheep shots to send in?

dwalton- Rocky(Colorado) in 2000, Desert(Colorado) in 2004 and hopefully Dall(Alaska) in 2005. I have to sell my house and eat TopRamen for a few years to afford a Stone hunt.

YD,

I'm hunting with master guide John Latham. He doesn't take very many hunters (last year he was 4 for 4 on sheep). His rams aren't the hogs you will find with Widrig (34-36"), but they'll be big enough for me. I actually didn't book this hunt until I went zero for 23 in the state draws, so I didn't get to enjoy the months of preparation like you did. Shoot me an e-mail when you get back.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-01-05 AT 12:31PM (MST)[p]Buckspy,

I know what you mean about those Stone's prices. I got mine in 98 for less than 1/2 of what they are today. I only had one child then, and with a few thousand hours of O.T. I was able to swing the trip.

Maybe for the Rocky, I'll have to sell my house and move to Colorado. Although, I'd probably have to live in a wall tent because of the real estate prices. Good luck on your hunt!

trying to afford a Stone,.....I feel for you guys. My 1st sheep hunt was for a Stone years ago. I ain't going to tell what I paid,...you would just cry.

from the "Heartland of Wyoming"

YD,

I believe Joebuck is a B.C. resident. All he needs to hunt is an over the counter sheep permit and the cost of a charter flight into the area.

I am a BC resident but I didn't have to pay for a charter. We went on the two leg express. My Stone hunt this year will be about $1500 including the flight.

GOOD LUCK JB, HOPE YOU POP A BIGGIN. SOUNDS LIKE A REAL GOOD HIKE IN THE MOUNTAINS, IF YOU GET A CHANCE/ SHOW US SOME PICS WHEN YOU GET HOME. YD.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom