Bugle Report

Still pretty early and its been hot. Once we get a few fronts coming thru, they hopefully will get fired up!

I have an UT archery bull elk hunt. All the bulls I ran into this weekend were still grouped up, and some were still packing velvet. It is extremely hot and dry here, and the elk are in really rough shape.

I heard a few bugles over the weekend. I was over 12,000' and it had been raining/hailing off and on.

I bet all the horses are doing good tho
I stopped and talked to the BLM Conservation officer. They had a road closed down that I was hoping to go up. They just rounded up 400 horses off the HMA. I told him if they were pulling horses off the unit, I would happily find a new place to hunt.

He told me the horses are actually in pretty good condition, which is interesting because the elk look extremely poor. Most antelope does don't have fawns this year. I haven't seen very many deer with fawns this year. This drought has been HORRIBLE.

I stopped and talked to the BLM Conservation officer. They had a road closed down that I was hoping to go up. They just rounded up 400 horses off the HMA. I told him if they were pulling horses off the unit, I would happily find a new place to hunt.

He told me the horses are actually in pretty good condition, which is interesting because the elk look extremely poor. Most antelope does don't have fawns this year. I haven't seen very many deer with fawns this year. This drought has been HORRIBLE.

Ruger,

I had the SWD archery tag in 2014 and can remember hearing my first bugle on that hunt on August 28 and killed my bull over water on August 30 over water . Good luck

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom