Bugling already

rooster205

I took the family camping up near San Pedro parks Wilderness and Saturday night while cooking dinner we heard a bugle. I thought my ears were playing tricks on me. So I went to the truck and got a call and the grunt tube and thought lets see what happens. I let one rip and sure enough not 10 seconds later a return bugle and then 15 seconds after that further down the draw another bugle. I was blown away to say the least. I thought for sure it would be to early but I guess not. We went back and forth 2 or 3 times and then my son asked if he could try. He puts the grunt tube to his lips and screams as loud as he can in his best impersonation of a bugling bull elk. I was thinking there is now way this guy is going to answer that, and once again to my surprise I was proved wrong. Very exciting for my 3 year old son whereas the only bugling he has ever heard was his dad practicing at home and that sounds more like a cat being strangled. The way his eyes lit up and his face was that of total shock will be a memory that this dad will not forget. Good luck to everyone this year!!

I was in the gila two weeks ago and watched a bull chase cows and he bugled twice.
I was back in there this weekend and it was quiet.

Last year when I went camping/fishing at the beginning of August at Via Vidal they were bugling decent every morning. Granted it was only the little guys making noise.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom