Bull elk cape....

PSC_bears17

LAST EDITED ON Jun-18-13 AT 12:14PM (MST)[p]I have a bull elk cape that has been sitting in the freezer since my pahvant elk hunt last September....I european mounted the antlers because I really couldn't afford a mount.....If I were to try and sell the cape, untanned, what could I try and sell it for? I don't know much about capes, but a friend of mine caped out the bull and I trust him completely. So I imagine it is in good shape. What do you think?

If it was me, I'd clean it up and salt it if you haven't done so already and then send to a tannery. Have it tanned and put it back in yer freezer. If you end up with some cash down the road, you'll have a cape ready to go. Rocky Mtn Fur Dressers in Montana does excellent work and is fairly cheap. I think an elk cape is around a $100.

Price will depend on the size and quality. You'll want to get it out of the freezer and salt it. I would just hang on to it. You never know when you might want to use it. Of course, sell it if you need the extra $$.

I might have a relative who wants it.... if it's in good shape, long enough through the shoulders and you bull was a big bull.

If you're interested feel free to PM me.

Thanks, Zeke

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom