Bullet resistance

COHunter

I recently bought a .50 CVA Kodiak Pro Magnum. I havent really cleaned it yet and was just playing with the powerbelt and hornady great plains I have and how much pressure is required to push it down the barrel?

I drop the bullet in but once it touches the rifling it wont go down anymore, even using a lot of force

Should this change after a good cleaning?

Do you have a short starter? If you have a tight barrel, you might need one to get them started. You set the bullet in the end of the barrel, put the short starter (with loading tip) on top, and POP it downward with your palm a couple of times to start it into the riflings. Then it should load much easier.

Here is the starter I use:

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...parentType=index&indexId=cat601233&hasJS=true

I would however, give the gun a thorough cleaning before doing this.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

txhunter58, thanks for your PM's and reply here. I appreciate it

I have a starter coming in the mail, but not this one

the great plains conical will take a little effort to get started. A short starter is needed. If you're going to shoot them, get some pyrodex rs. I never had any luck with T7 and the great plains conical.

Clean barrel is the key. You didn't have the issue the first few times you shot and most powder leaves a residue. Give ie a cleaning.....having a starter rod wil be helpful either way.
Good luck!
kth

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom