Burros vs Peloncillos Coues Dec 2011

W

WhiskeyMan

Which of these two new 9-day hunts is the better one for a C+ somewhat experienced Coues hunter looking for a 90"+ buck and who has the entire season plus maybe a few days before to scout?

Also needs to hunt public land and is willing to hike a bit.

Thanks for your input.

Hunt the Pelon's down near the Border. Good stuff in that country. If drawn I would set the sight a bit higher than 90's...

^or not...my buddy was just in there a week or so ago, and the place was crawling and buzzing with La Migra puttin the hammer on the place

He actually glssed up three illegals trying to hide in a wash, and was able to get a hold of BP and get em in there to nab them rascals. The agents said it was definitely a period of unusually high activity, but something similar could obviously occur anytime.

In any case, be careful if you decide to hunt there, but I don't think no rat deer is worth the possibility of gettin in a firefight with them despicable drug cartel guerillas

LAST EDITED ON Apr-13-11 AT 01:23PM (MST)[p]>^or not...my buddy was just in
>there a week or so
>ago, and the place was
>crawling and buzzing with La
>Migra puttin the hammer on
>the place
>
>He actually glssed up three illegals
>trying to hide in a
>wash, and was able to
>get a hold of BP
>and get em in there
>to nab them rascals. The
>agents said it was definitely
>a period of unusually high
>activity, but something similar could
>obviously occur anytime.
>In any case, be careful if
>you decide to hunt there,
>but I don't think no
>rat deer is worth the
>possibility of gettin in a
>firefight with them despicable drug
>cartel guerillas

^^Translation: "Thats my hunting spot so stay away" J/K

All you have said is true. However, one shouldn't even consider the border units if he is afraid of the illegals. The fear of them has led to a great many people avoiding the area, hence the good big buck hunting.

Quite possibly, sure...but I guess the main point I was trying to make is that I can't imagine that the hunting would be improved by a bunch of ground activity and helicopters flying all over should one of the 'intensive operations' occur during someones hunt period?

That was what I was gettin at, however unlikely the coincidence might be

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom