Bushnell Backtrack D-Tour Personal GPS

Founder

Founder Since 1999
I wanted to share with you my opinion on this little device.......the Bushnell Backtrack D-Tour Personal GPS. I received this unit about 2 months ago and have used it on a couple shed hunting trips and numerous hikes.

The device is designed to help a person find their way back to the car, or tent, or what have you. I don't get lost, so what I got out of it more than anything was being able to record my tracks (see where I've been when I get home) and also keep track of my elevation, travel distance and speed.

The most important thing I found is that this device really is a "must have" for young hunters who are just beginning to seperate from dad and go their own way. I think all parents worry about their kids getting turned around and lost in the mountains. This device could make the difference between and a young hunter getting lost and being terrified all night and returning to camp easily.

I think anyone going into unfamiliar territory should have one of these, or something similar. Bad things can happen when a person gets lost.

In addition to being able to mark the location of your camp or truck, you can also mark locations while on your hike. Say a wallow, downed animal, treestand, etc. Speaking of a treestand, that's something that is sometimes tough to find when it's dark (before daylight). Anyway, it's simple to use and small. I kept mine right in my binocular harness.

These devices run about $100.00.

I would highly recommend the use of lithium batteries with the unit. They last quite a bit longer than standard batteries.....and you don't want the batteries to go dead while out.

9729img_2885.jpg

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom