CA Ammo Law?

Joe2Kool

Very Active Member
Did I read correctly that hunters and shooters cannot bring ammo into CA from out of state? And that it must be purchased from a licensed dealer in CA?

lol...I wonder if the fruit inspectors will ask??

497fc2397b939f19.jpg

They didn't. I don't think they can search your vehicle either as it would constitute illegal search and seizure. I have heard that Cabela's in Reno won't sell you more than 2 boxes if you're from CA but I have not confirmed this.

What I am unclear about is everything I have read stated that it is illegal to bring ammo in CA. What if you take 100 rounds out of state to squirrel hunt and only use 50. Can you still bring back the 50 rounds you did not use?

So you can't bring it back in , can't have it shipped here and most stores hardly carry any thats just what they wanted.
As soon as I retire I'm gone!!!!!

This law will definately stop these illegals from committing crimes. Liberals are so phucuking stupid.
It appears that they never went after reloaders and their components. What gives?

LAST EDITED ON Jan-07-18 AT 04:21PM (MST)[p]>So you can't bring it back
>in , can't have it
>shipped here and most stores
>hardly carry any thats just
>what they wanted.
>As soon as I retire I'm
>gone!!!!!

Oilcan I'm with you, my daughter has 5 months of high school left & then we are out of California for good!!!! The only time I will set foot back in this state is for my mother in laws funeral unless she decides to leave with us. Hate this state with a passion!!!!!

I was at a gun shop on Saturday to get a rail bar for mounting an scope to my .22 Ruger semi auto. I talked to the guy there about the ammo situation.

I asked what happens if you are out of state and need ammo on an hunt can you buy it. He told me we can buy it but that Kali will enforce the law if you are bringing back say 5 or 6 boxes. He said they assume you will go out of state with two boxes of ammo for each gun you bring. If they check you and you have more they can cite you.

Not too sure of anything at this point, only time will tell but at least they didn't make it so you couldn't buy ammo in another state because of your residency in Kali.

>I was at a gun shop
>on Saturday to get a
>rail bar for mounting an
>scope to my .22 Ruger
>semi auto. I talked to
>the guy there about the
>ammo situation.
>
>I asked what happens if you
>are out of state and
>need ammo on an hunt
>can you buy it. He
>told me we can buy
>it but that Kali will
>enforce the law if you
>are bringing back say 5
>or 6 boxes. He said
>they assume you will go
>out of state with two
>boxes of ammo for each
>gun you bring. If they
>check you and you have
>more they can cite you.
>
>
>Not too sure of anything at
>this point, only time will
>tell but at least they
>didn't make it so you
>couldn't buy ammo in another
>state because of your residency
>in Kali.

That seems logical to me. I hope that's the case otherwise I may get cited at the bug station.....or use up all my ammo at the bug station, one or the other....:D

"That seems logical to me. I hope that's the case otherwise I may get cited at the bug station.....or use up all my ammo at the bug station, one or the other...."

That's funny ##### eel

Correct me if I'm wrong (does happen) but I'm under the impression that this is illegal under Interstate Commerce laws. They tried this with the taking of legal mountain lions from other states and could not ban the importation of one's kill. This will be challenged I'm sure as illegal.

>Correct me if I'm wrong (does
>happen) but I'm under the
>impression that this is illegal
>under Interstate Commerce laws.
>They tried this with the
>taking of legal mountain lions
>from other states and could
>not ban the importation of
>one's kill. This will
>be challenged I'm sure as
>illegal.

you're stating the obvious to rational people....the California Legislature is anything but interested in the US Constitution.

497fc2397b939f19.jpg

>Correct me if I'm wrong (does
>happen) but I'm under the
>impression that this is illegal
>under Interstate Commerce laws.
>They tried this with the
>taking of legal mountain lions
>from other states and could
>not ban the importation of
>one's kill. This will
>be challenged I'm sure as
>illegal.

What do you mean that they could not ban the importation of legally killed mountain lions? Did that law get reversed?

You're forgetting that this is CA. They think they can and do whatever they want regardless of federal law and the constitution. The mountain lion importation ban is alive and well. The only way for things to change in this state is to start voting out liberal moron legislators. The only people more stupid than the idiots in power in this state are the idiots who put them there.

I think what most of you are forgetting is for the past 25-30 years the egotistical liberal democratic California legislators have been more interested in putting their signatures on as many obscure piece of crap laws that might get them 10 minutes of fame and notoriety so they can move up to the next level of state or federal government. It doesn't matter if it makes any sense or how much it costs. As long as it gets passed.

What I think they fail to understand or even care about is nearly all of the crap laws they pass are nearly impossible to enforce.

>I think what most of you
>are forgetting is for the
>past 25-30 years the egotistical
>liberal democratic California legislators have
>been more interested in putting
>their signatures on as many
>obscure piece of crap laws
>that might get them 10
>minutes of fame and notoriety
>so they can move up
>to the next level of
>state or federal government. It
>doesn't matter if it makes
>any sense or how much
>it costs. As long as
>it gets passed.
>
>What I think they fail to
>understand or even care about
>is nearly all of the
>crap laws they pass are
>nearly impossible to enforce.

You couldn't be more right bumpy.....for example...

http://reason.com/blog/2018/01/25/california-bill-would-criminalize-restau

497fc2397b939f19.jpg

You know these laws are really working great when an eleven year old will rob with a pistol and a 14 year old shoots and kills a 20 year old leaving a grocery store.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom