Ca antelope success

BOWUNTR

LAST EDITED ON Aug-18-04 AT 08:18AM (MST)[p]Craig Fritz, California Bowmen Hunters 2nd V.P. Hunting, took this buck on 08-10-04 in Ca zone 3. Green score 78". Thought that I would share. Ed F

178404CAAntelope_10-med.jpg

Outstanding! Most people don't realize how hard it is to draw an antelope tag in CA.
Let me see if I remember, Zone 3 is Likley Tables isn't it? If it is, That was the zone I got drawn for about 20 years ago. I took an antelope about the size of the one you got. Except mine was with a rifle.

I then waited the required 10 years and applied again and got drawn the first time for Surprise Valley, I think zone 6. I took a 14" goat on the last day of the season with a rifle.

A California antelope is one special trophy! Thank you for sharing the picture. Sorry I didn't see your post until now! I would love to hear the whole story!

Congratulations. I havent hunted goats in CA, but sounds like drawing a tag is as hard as it is here in AZ.......... Thanks, Allen Taylor......

I've been applying for that zone for 20 years , one of these days I might draw a tag . Beautiful antelope , congrats to the hunter , I'd love to take one of that size with a rifle .

Sheepshooter you're not alone. I know guys who have been applying since they first offered tags and haven't been drawn.I would say maybe 30 years? I feel very lucky to have been drawn twice. As you know only residents can apply.

I've also been lucky in Nevada. As a non-resident, I've drawn two antelope tags.

Not many guys can say they have two CA antelope and two NV antelope hanging on their wall!

I'm not bragging, I just can't believe how lucky I've been.

Good luck, and keep getting those bonus points!

Steve

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom