Cabelas Euros

cosmic_cowboy

Very Active Member
I'm thinking of geting some cabelas Euro 10X42
What I need to know is if anyone here has them or has handled them. Are they really Alfa glass for $800.00?
I have looked at the Vortex and like the clairty etc. but the focus nob is way to sensitive if you move it at all your out of focus.I don't live near a Cabelas so can't look at them before I buy them. Alot of advertising says there 2K glass for 800.00
What do you guys think?

Thanks
CC

Great glass, but I'd wait for them to go on sale. They usually put them on sale a couple times a year for $699.99, plus every once in a while it's at the same time as their promotion where you can save another $100.00 on a purchase over $500.00 if you use a Cabela's Club Card, which is a good deal if you're good at paying your CC bill off before it accrues any interest.

They're good glass, but not top glass. Comparing them side by side with some Leupold gold rings, Leicas, and Swarovskis, I'd say they are in the neighborhood of the Leupolds, though I thought the Leupolds were a bit brighter.

Different people tend to favor specific glass as our eye sight is unique to each of us. Some swear the Euro's image is as good as through a pair of ELs. Others see a significant difference. I wouldn't put that kind of money out without looking through a pair.

For that kind of money I would look at the Minox. Call Doug at Camera land,I believe he has some on sale now for about that price I just bought my wife a pair of the 8.5 x 52, she loves them, I think they are very close to my Swar's and Leica's.

Last year about this time I did a lot of comparing between several different pair of optics. Some of those included the Swarovski SLC, Leupold Gold Rings, Vortex Razor and Vipers..... All of these are much better optics then what I had at the time. I was not as impressed with the Euros as much as I was with some of the others. In the end I decided if I was going to lay down the coinage I was going to go all the way with the SLC. About 2 months ago I found a pair of SLC's on KSL classifieds for $800.00 and the kid I purchased them from had bought them last fall just before the hunt. If you are willing to search and wait for the right moment you can get a pair of alpha glass for nearly the same price as the Euros.

400bull

I've had my 12X50 Euro's for about 6 months now and have had them in the field multiple times and have really enjoyed the optical clarity, crispness and accurate color reproduction. Before I bought them I did a ton of research and looked through tons of glass. My budget allowed me to chose between the Vortex Viper HD, Steiner Predator C5, Minox HG, and Cabelas Euro (Meopta). After many days in the stores and countless hours online I decided they were all very close and that the Euro offered me the best bang for my buck and felt the best in my grubby mits. I actually ended up buying them on sale from Cabelas for 699$ and for the 12X50's that was a great deal.

I had them and thought they were great for the $700 that I paid for them. I bought them when they had a good warrenty. Now they only come with a 1 yr return warrenty and limited lifetime. If I am going to pay that much for glasses I want them to be taken care of. So I took them back and upgraded to the Swaro's and havent looked back. If I only had that much to spend I would prob go with the Vortex that has a better warrenty.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom