Cabela's hard back catalog.

nickman

Long Time Member
LAST EDITED ON Jul-27-12 AT 09:24PM (MST)[p]SO.....I know it's dumb, but think about this.

I have a yellow card in my post office box, which indicates that I have something that will not fit in the box and I have to go to the counter to pick it up.

The lady comes back with my new Cabela's catalog that resembles a Webster's Dictionary.......in every regard.

She is overly zealous about me picking it up and proceeds to take me into the back of the post office, where, stacked 4' high and about 7' long, are about 350 of these same 3 pound books, that can neither be placed in PO boxes, nor delivered to route mailboxes.

She says this is an absolute nightmare for the PO.

I live in a town of about 1500 people and we got 400 or so of these.

What does the PO in someplace like Rifle, Colorado have to deal with?

And on top of that, Cabela's charges me $10 shipping and handling for a fricken' paper map......what does it cost to ship this "bullet penetration test target".........?

I warned you it was a dumb post.......

"I could eat a bowl of Alphabet Soup and
sh!t a better argument than that!"

they delivered that britanica to my rural mail box.....

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

I was excited about 8 years ago when I got my first one, now it goes right in the trash.
Hate to see the waste, but, they must think it sells product.

>they delivered that britanica to my
>rural mail box.....
>
>
>JB
>
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

They do that for 'Special' Customers that spend 10's of Thousands a year!:D

[font color=red size=redsize=18"face"]SHOW THEM TO ME![/font]
If You Love Your Country,SHOW THEM TO ME!

I've got Wild Honey Tree's and Crazy Little Weeds growin around my Shack!
These Dusty Roads ain't streets of gold but I'm happy right where I'm at!
All these Perty little Western Belles are a Country Boys Dream!
They ain't got Wings or MM Halo's but they sure look good to me!

Around here, they deliver the mail in a Honda Civic.........probably could carry 6 or 8 catalogs at a time........

"I could eat a bowl of Alphabet Soup and
sh!t a better argument than that!"

I've been thinking the same thing. There was a time when receiving that catalog would have been like the Sears Christmas catalog. A real highlight in my year. Like maybe 20 years ago. Before the internet.I haven't ordered out of a Cabala's catalog in years. I seldom even look at a paper catalog. Seriously Cabalas, stop sending them out and lower your prices a little. Its wasted money if you ask me. Can't even use them for toilet paper.

I like Cabela's but their marketing department is struggling to modernize. My daughter worked for them at corporate in marketing, one of the reason she left was because their obsolete marketing program. Thus you have the Britannica catalog.

Remember the Herter's catalog? It was thick like a Ward's catalog. I used to spend endless hours looking at it. Some of those old catalogs are collectable now. I highly doubt any of Cabelas catalogs will be collectable, there are so many of them. At least not in our life time.

mine came in the mail-box.. what bugs me is that they spend all this money to send them and the post office is broke............

I like them my self. I keep them at work and look at them there. I don't order much out of there but I like to look at them. Ron

I use mine to set my camper on when it's not on the back of my truck. Couple on each corner, keeps the floor up and out of the snow.

Actually, they don't send them to me anymore after i sent them a nice note saying i'd not be shopping with them until their prices become more competitive.

Them catalogs ain't all they expect us consumers to pay for.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

What town do you live in? I just had the same conversation with my post office, as we all seeing th large stack of books that the lady just had to show me.

"And on top of that, Cabela's charges me $10 shipping and handling for a fricken' paper map......"

I've had a Cabela's Club Visa for a bit over a year. Been getting free shipping on EVERYTHING all summer for having the card. FREE SHIPPING on an RCBS press. FREE SHIPPING on a 15# downrigger ball. This would have killed me in the past, but I'm taking full adavantage.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-01-12 AT 07:11PM (MST)[p]I just got a new pair of Meidl $200 boots fer free using my Cabelas points.The big catalog is a little much though.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom