Cabin Build - Flooring

mulecreek

Very Active Member
My wife and I installed the flooring in our cabin last weekend. We went with engineered hardwood with a Tiger Wood veneer. I think it turned out great. We also installed finished light fixtures instead of the bare bulbs.
6710img2912.jpg

8886img2913.jpg

5337img2914.jpg

Projects left for this year include finishing the interior trim and a larger bathroom vanity to hide the vent stack. Next year we plan to build a fire pit and benches out front. This winters project will be to build a log railing for the loft.

That turned out great.
Like the layout.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Great job. Love the wood paneling and floor. You may find yourself so comfortable in that hide away cabin, you might extend your visits away from home.

RELH

Get your money back from the plumber, does that mess even work? lol

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Don't forget to pound a bunch of 20 penny nails in the wall to hang hats, coats, and fishing poles, etc.

Otherwise it looks good!:)

Eel

Guns are like parachutes. If you need one and don't have one you probably will never need one again.

sage,
It was touch and go. I have to admit that you are right, my pex job looks like crap. I keep telling myself I am going to rip it out and redo with the sticks rather than the coils but other more pressing jobs come up.

elkassasin,
You sound like my wife so I will tell you the same thing I told her,when you have an open loft above and 2x6 outer walls you are not left with many options. Also, I am a fairly crappy plumber and didn't really think of it until I started to lay it out. You put those things together and you end up with a vent stack in the room.

After I redo the line runs I was thinking about having spray foam insulation applied between the floor joists to insulate the floor and water lines. Anyone have experience with spray foam insulation? Is it a good or bad idea to bury the water lines in foam insulation. I thought the foam would be more resistant to critters making a winter home in it than the batt insulation.

Thanks for the comments. I am headed up tomorrow with my brother and his son for a few days of chasing elk and deer.

mulecreek, you are not to be blamed, your place looks beautiful, you did it, my hats off to you. but...

I can probably figure what you did ABS underfoor from what is showing. I would have definitely put the "stack" within the walls and come up once, in the wall, with a toilet vent then up again under the sink for that waste and then tied the sink vent to the toilet vent above at 42". No need to vent with more than 2" pipe.

As it is, you could box that stack in with some stained pine 1"X6" or something similar and most would never give it a second look.

Pex, i hate the stuff, use it as little as i can but we been thru that before so i'll continue to wish you well and do the large majority of my water line work in copper. :)

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

For some reason I expected the tiger wood flooring to be a lot darker than it is, with lots of black in it. But I guess the dark with light coloured strips makes more since. Almost like a partial bred wood...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom