Calling Mountain Lions?

LTrain210

My good ole Johnny Stewart tape player finally gave up the ghost so Santa brought me a new foxpro for Christmas. I was thinking about going out to the ranch of a friend of mine and trying to cut a mountain lion track and then try to call the cat in. I got elk distress, mule deer distress, turkey distress and even lion in heat calls loaded on the foxpro hoping to try and call a mountain lion in. Have any of you guys had success with calling lions and if so what sounds would you recommend? Thanks.

LTrain210....click on thread #10 I have a post from DECEMBER 3rd last year.....

Hunting is Life...everything else is
Just details.
Ol' Buzztail...

Wow. Awesome story thanks for sharing. That tom is huge. I had a cat on my trail camera in 6c up in the Jemez this year so I know they're up there that's for sure. Looks like I should try sticking with the distressed rabbit call and save the mountain lion in heat call for scaring the boy scouts when I take them camping. :)

CALLING SOUNDS

LTrain210... I have 3 large prey animal sounds on my Spitfire, Goat distress, Fawn distress, Antelope distress that I use for Lion Situations but I think they will Respond to any distress sound they are within earshot of as proof by my buddies Cat.

There is a big storm coming in tonight might be excellent to hit the Jemez up behind Cuba and try to cut a freash track on Friday morning!!

Good Luck to you!

Hunting is Life...everything else is
Just details.
Ol' Buzztail...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom