Camping

Stubaby

Very Active Member
Are there any good places to dry camp with generators in the San Rafael Swell, Goblin Valey, Moab part of the state? Looks like it’s going to rain up here. It’s last minute, I just want to pull the Jayco and let the kids explore for the weekend.

Are there any good places to dry camp with generators in the San Rafael Swell, Goblin Valey, Moab part of the state? Looks like it’s going to rain up here. It’s last minute, I just want to pull the Jayco and let the kids explore for the weekend.
There is lots of camp good spots on the Swell. if you go there, I can help you out.

Stay out of slot canyons out there…….. it’s gonna get rain this weekend.

Go park somewhere in the Valley of the Gods and watch the spires go in and out of the clouds. Drive the Moki Dugway while you’re there. ;) :oops:

Moki Dugway…… so steep the asphalt runs to the bottom. They gather it up and haul it back to the top every spring.
Scariest piece of road I’ve been on. God bless the old Cat skinners who pioneered that road on the cliff face. Ain’t many of them around any more.

Scariest piece of road I’ve been on. God bless the old Cat skinners who pioneered that road on the cliff face. Ain’t many of them around any more.
I’ve only came off one worse, 40 years ago, above the town of Emery, Utah. Hauling motor oil to a rig. Short cut home, they said. Had to back the pickup, up, twice to make the turn on three or four switch backs. Break pedal linkage was bent and it took a week before I could do my outhouse business again.

I’ve been on a few of those goat trails too where you drive forward down one switchback, then back up the next one (repeat as necessary) and so on, because there isn’t any room to make a 10-point turn.

But that Moki is a public road that knuckleheads can take their 40’ fivers with a tag along atv trailer down.

I didn’t like it at all. I kept thinking about all the bad stuff I’ve done expecting the Hand of God to push me off any second. :ROFLMAO:

I’ve been on a few of those goat trails too where you drive forward down one switchback, then back up the next one (repeat as necessary) and so on, because there isn’t any room to make a 10-point turn.

But that Moki is a public road that knuckleheads can take their 40’ fivers with a tag along atv trailer down.

I didn’t like it at all. I kept thinking about all the bad stuff I’ve done expecting the Hand of God to push me off any second. :ROFLMAO:
???. Yep……. Usually starts with, “I believe it’ll be okay……..”. Ends with, “SSSSSSS.OOOOOOO.BBBBBB

Blue, have you ever spent anytime chasing around the country south of Del Norte?
Not around Summitville or Platero. I have east of there (Sangre’s), and lots of time down around Red River and Chama. I eat breakfast or lunch at the cafe there quite often when I travel to Denver. I’ve always threatened my wife that I was going to retire in Saguache.

Saguache…. I can see why. It’s tucked in between “where the he!! is that” and “you can’t get there from here”. I like those kind of places. I found one like that in Utah 48 years ago……. It has almost the same population today as it has in 1975. Depending on the day, maybe 50 people more….. or less.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom