Carbon Fiber Tripods...??

NVMULEDEER1

What are some good carbon fiber tripods that you can throw in a pack for spotting scope. Lot's of them out there, just wondering what you guys are using..??
Thanks

Gitzo

They are expensive but I think they're worth every penny. I have two of them, one to go in the pack and one for the rig.

I just bought the Slik 624 carbon fiber. Once I get it I'm going to think about adding a Really Right Stuff lightweight ball head.

http://reallyrightstuff.com/Items.aspx?code=Ballhead25&key=cat

They are in the next town over from me so I went by their main office and checked their stuff out. There's a reason it's so pricey...it's very, very nice stuff.

I think with this tripod and ball head combo I can get a perfect backpacking set up for a spotting scope that weighs 2.2 lbs.

I have the Slik 634, and I like it so far. I am able to stand up behind it and glass. It's only 2lbs. I got rid of my Outdoorsmans large tripod for it, and I don't regret it.

I am also in the market for a compact tripod. the ones mentioned above look good. any recommendations for small compact heads? would like something that would work well for glassing as well as panning for video.

I purchased the Slik 634...Now what is the recommended or the best head for this unit..? I have a Swarovski spotting scope...
Thanks

LAST EDITED ON Jun-27-13 AT 10:40AM (MST)[p]Just ordered a Vanguard PH-111v 2 way pan head from S&S archery in ID. Going to be using it with Swaro scope and video camera.

I've got a Gitzo tripod, but its too big for packing. Need to pick up another set of legs for back packing.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom