Carbon tripod question

nonet

Ok so I have decided to get a carbon tripod. Question: which one? Gitzos are amazing but they are very proud of them $$$$. I have heard that slik just came out with carbon legs. Any others out there? I am using them for my 15s and I am a sit down glasser so they dont need to be very tall. Also I dont like the legs that have flipper locks on them but would rather have the twist lock type as they seem to be studier and last longer.

thx

Eric

I bought another tripod this past season because I was backpacking and glassing for Coues a lot. I wanted lightest weight, shortest compressed length, tallest working height, and ability to handle a spotter. I bought a Promaster Carbon T525P.
Max working ht of 53", folded length of 14 3/16", only weighs 2 lbs. 3 oz, has a spring loaded weight hook and can handle a heavy spotter.

Sound like you are looking for the new Slik tripods. I have one of the previous generation Slik carbon tripods and cannot say enough good things about it! I just finished my second season with it and it still looks and feels brand new. Great tripod, quick adjustments and a good value.

I have the promaster 525 and it's a great tripod. Doug at cameraland has some specials going right now on that with a mini ball head or call to get it without the head. Built like a tank.

I have been using the velbon el carmagne tripod for about 3 yrs and have no complaints. The one I have easily extends so I can look through it standing and I am 6'1". I think it weighs in right around 3 lbs. It is a very sturdy tripod I use it in WY all the time in pretty high winds.

I went with a 'Rocketfish' from Best Buy

Carbon, twist lock legs, ball head with pan feature, two position locking leg angle, rated to hold a 30lb video camera so very stable and I want to say around $60

Definitely worth looking at!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom