Caribou hunt help

W

wjt

Caribou hunt help

Did not draw elk or mule deer tags in any state. Got to go someplaceor I'll go nuts. I am thinking about a caribou hunt in canada for myself and two sons. Any help would be appreciated. Prices I have seen are high and I have heard if you don't get with the right outfittter you may noteven see a caribou. Can you bring meat out of Canada? Best time to hunt? Velvet VS none velvet? When do bulls capes change from brown to white front(late Aug. or Sept.)? help

RE: Caribou hunt help

Check this place out... Club Chambeau. 10 of us went there in 2005. Had a great hunt we each got 2 Caribou. Great camps, great food, great guides. Got some trophy size Caribou. I checked these guys out pretty good and spoke to several clients they had in last 5 years. Received only 2 bad reports. Contact person is Randal Kirk [email protected] . They hunt about 1000 miles north of Quebec. Fly into Shafferville Canada, then take float planes to camps. Cost was about $3,500 per person, which includes a night's stay in Montr?al before and after hunt. The guarantee your caribou or they move you. If you want some more info send me a PM. Airfare from Boise or SLC, Ut was $400m. Pretty expensive to get meat and capes and antlers back.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-09-06 AT 05:27PM (MST)[p]My dad and I are going with Adventure Northwest, out of the northwest territories. www.adventurenw.com, right now they have a deal for the 2006 season, you pay for the hunt and your kid hunts for free (if he's 16-18 years old).

Not sure if they're fully booked or not, but it doesnt hurt to try.

If you want good meat, its better to get the caribou in late August/ early September. Late September and the meat will be no good.

150fighter what dates and what camp our you going to be in. I'm hunting Little Marten Lake Sept.16-23.

I believe the parent/child hunt is, pay for one hunt and you each get one bou tag. Last time I talked to the hunt Manager, about a month ago, there was only 3 or 4 spots open.

It will be cheaper to get the meat back if you do not have to switch airlines on your way back from Quebec. Flew American from Montreal to Chicago, then on to Ontario Calif. on a different flight but the same airline so there was just the original freight charge at Montreal. You're allowed three pieces of luggage. I had five coming home (including boxes of meat) so was just charged for two extra pieces. At the time it came to only $70.00 to get it home. Sure it has gone up since. This was also with Club Chambeaux. Was told the older the bulls the whiter they are. Farthest shot was not even fifty yards. Take a bow if possible and a break down fishing rod.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom