Cassie's 1st big game animal at 13 years old

Cokeman

My daughter just passed her hunter safety back in October, so I went down and bought her a late season doe Antelope tag. We snuck on top of the hill and layed down while waiting for 3 does to walk up the hill. They were 200 yards away and kept walking towards us. She tells me that she can see all of them in the scope, and I tell her to wait for a broadside shot. They get to 150 yards and all 3 of them turn broadside. Just as I get the binos on them, "Bang". She says" Did I get it dad" I watch the far left doe run about 50 yards and fall over. "Yes, honey, you got it" I don't know who was happier, her for getting her first, or me for watching this memory unfold. "Now it is time to get a bigger buck than you" she tells me on the way back to the truck. I am glad that my little girl is following my footsteps and dreams. The first pix is showing mom that she shot her 243 and got one.
8247bullet_used.jpg

4272cassie_antelope.jpg

Cokeman; give that young hunter a pat on the back for a great shot and first game animal. It appears that she made a good clean heart shot and you better be prepared for her to make good on that claim of a bigger animal then yours.

RELH

The first of many to come --- way to go, Cassie!

Lv2hnt

"Every man dies --- not every man really lives."

With out a dought, antelope are one of the best hunts to
start younsters out on........Congrats!

4aec49a65c565954.jpg

It is posts like these that keep me coming back to MM!

I have a 10 year old daughter and she can not wait until she can kill big game! She is already a crack shot and I would give up my tags every year just to take her hunting.

Congrats on keeping the traditions alive!!!

LAST EDITED ON Dec-14-12 AT 02:56PM (MST)[p]CONGRATULATIONS!
Hunting is Life...everything else is
Just details.
Ol' Buzztail...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom