Cell service in unit 30?

dmaxarchr

Has anyone had any luck getting cell service along the rim? Last barb hunt I was on I could not find cell coverage. If so, what cell company gets coverage. I have verizon but had no luck! Thanks in advancec

Good luck man!! I have hunted that unit several times, and also have the Barb tag in February. I haven't been able to find service anywhere in that unit.....I have Verizon. Unit 29 is also near impossible!!!

I get full 3G service around Sitting Bull Falls/Dark Canyon area with verizon. Also get service up to the Pinon/Dunken turnoff off of Hope Highway.

The problem is that's an AT&T area and they don,t service Verizon. ATT phones work there. We all had plateau cells and when they sold to Verizon presto we had no service a lot of places we had before.

Thanks for the info guys. Do u think a prepaid AT&T phone would work in that area. I'd like to hunt along the rim and having to drive 40 miles in either direction for cell service gets old. The woman at home is pregnant and I'd like to keep communication with her while I'm gone.

you can get service at the big water tank on the left before you get to queens. I always get service there

Ok thanks for the info. I think I'm gonna get a cheap prepaid AT&T phone just in case. Sat phones are a little pricey!

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom