Central Unit Dwr Officer(Utah)

Call the local sheriif's office or highway patrol dispatch...They can make contact with the CO in the area...

Later, L.T.

I don't have anything to report. I just wanted to make sure where I want to go hunt this weekend for elk is legal. If i have to I will postpone this weekend and just call on monday when they are open. I would just prefer to find out today so I can go hunt.

Thanks for the comment NVB. That was real helpful. When I ask for help I expect helpful replies. If you don't have them then please go post on another un-important topic not mine.

Actually NVB was trying to help you out. There's another post by Killer asking this same information and trying to get maps. Try pm,ing him.

I don't see the help in the comment tabby. I am asking a legitimate question about an area inside the boundries. Killer is someone just trying to mess with people so how could he help me? I am just trying to find out if white's wildlife management area between spring city and ephraim is public access. The highway there is the west boundary of the extended hunt and the management area is on the east side o the road.

If the area is WMA, BLM or Forest than you should be ok these are public lands. Just check and see if they have any regulations posted with that unit and within hunting boundary.

My apologies Maxi. Just being a smarta$$. Didn't mean to let a one liner be a huge issue. Toughen up a little. Sorry for whizzing in your Cheerios.

Oh hell no I didn't mean to compare you to killer! Was just thinking by now the Utah game wardens had already made contact with him and he was way more familiar with the judicial system today than he was yesterday. Sorry my shot was not intended for you.

If you don't mind, tell us what you found out...I'm interested in the WMA's on the East side of the Valley as well...

The first thing you should do is read the proclamation so you don't have to bug someone on the weekend. You should have done this before applying for your hunt and then reviewed it a month or so before your hunt. If you STILL had questions, then you could call the office before your hunt begins. I am sure the CO has better things to do with his weekend rather than responding to a call from a hunter who hasn't done his homerwork. The proclamation has a section about closed areas and your hunt description would tell you if these areas are closed (which they are not). But reading the proclamation would be asking too much I am sure.

Thankyou for your help on that bonepiler. I have read the proclamation(I am one of the few that actually do that every year). You are not able to find info about WMA's in the proclamation so you know. They are in a different book called access to wildlife which I found out by waiting through the weekend and calling the DWR when they were open. I have done my homework and i have access to private property to hunt. I have just focused on the north end of the boundry and my dad noticed this area while driving through to Gunnison and asked me about it. All I did was ask a simple question. You could have just said that it was not very decent to bother them on a weekend about it, but instead you felt complied to be insulting and that is very big of you. GOOD FOR YOU:)

"The Proclamation?" "Access To Wildlife Book?" Studying up a month before the season?

Man,western hunting sure sounds complicated. All us Rednecks have to know is what date it is....

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom