Cheap Optics

deepforks

guys, i'm looking for a pair of binos in the $40-$50 range. preferably 10x42. obviously the best in that price range (which probably won't be much). these arent going to be hunting optics, just a cheap pair to keep in the truck and take on the boat. i did find a pair of barska colorado 10x42($49.99) and a pair of bushnell 10x42($44.99). bushnells are bak4 fully multi coated lenses, waterproof but didnt say if the're fogproof. the barska are water/fog proof. which would you go with? or, if you know of something else in that price range, i'd like to hear about them. thanks.

I hunted several years with some $35 Sams Club specials. Better glass is worth the cost if one can afford it, but that being said I found a lot more game with the cheap bins than I would've without any. I've had Barskas. Image is okay for most of a season and then they go down hill rapidly. I wouldn't by any not waterproof, even if it is dedicated to the truck.

I've had a pair of the Bushnell all purpose 10X42's as my in truck backups for a couple of years and they work sufficiently for what I need them for. I think you can get these at cabelas for 70$ or so and they are functional. When I was looking for a cheap backup pair these seemed a little better than the Barskas and Tascos. Just my 2cents.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-15-11 AT 02:21PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jun-15-11 AT 02:11?PM (MST)

get around to the pawn shops, I found a pair of older Jason 7x50 binos for $20.00 and they are surprisingly good. I keep them in the Jeep 24/7 and they get abused very, very happy with them. You can find them on Ebay for $20.00. The older Jasons are far better than the $70.00 stuff sold today. The 7x50 lets in a massive amount of light so I can see detail at a distance almost as good as my $400.00 Zen Ray ED 10x42, say about a 350 yard loss in distance compared to the 10x. Go with the Jason off Ebay for $20.00 you can't go wrong. Try and get one with the speed focus, very nice. I just went to ebay and typed in Jason Binoculars and a few 10x50 all weather came up.

Are you in Utah? If you go to the Badlands gear swap on the 16th I will have a pair of Nikon actions that are 7x35 that I would let go for $20.00 this offer is just for you though. Hopefully I will be able to sell them for a little more, but if you show up just let me know that I have committed them to you for $20.00

i dont think its worth burnin the money for that i had some bushnell 60$ binos for that reason just for backups and its reallnot worth it. id save up a bit and at least buy the lower end vortex for another 100 dollars

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom