CITY BUCK STRIKES BACK!!!

I just read the article, can't say I feel bad for the guy who's house is sitting on top of where the deers winter feed used to reside.

>I just read the article, can't
>say I feel bad for
>the guy who's house is
>sitting on top of where
>the deers winter feed used
>to reside.

Lets hope a deer comes and kicks your ass in your back yard. At some point where you live was once a wild spot as well.

Well elks, anyone who takes a drive over Suncrest and around Traverse and isn't irritated by what they see doesn't care one bit about the welfare of deer.

And elks, I've been watching my back for those nasty roosters to come along and kick my ass. I used to hunt pheasants along the very ditch line where my house now sits. I think we're all guilty of taking habitat to a degree but Suncrest is a truly sad developement to see after growing up tromping those very hills.

Suncrest really is one of the worst eyesores I have ever seen. Not to mention the earthquake danger and complete disregard for any environmental preservation that went into the project. It was truly one of the last remaining pieces of prime winter ranges around that I thought would escape development because of the elevation and grade of the hills. When the snow is as deep as it is now, some critters have little choice but to try and scratch a living where ever they can find it. Even if its on some Californians suncrest estate...

The Buck was LaVoyed it looks like!

[font color="blue"]"This is the USA where people get Paid to Watch
People that are
Watching You!"[/font]

I'm not surprised... Just another case of domestic violence! It said right in the article the buck was engaged with the girls dad. Dad probably saw buck messing around with his dog, got jealous and then the fight ensued...

I'm sure the dog the man was trying to save was chasing the deer and the deer was provoked. See people's dogs chasing the deer all the time. I'm sure that helps the winter survival rate. People should be more responsible with there dogs.

>I'm sure the dog the man
>was trying to save was
>chasing the deer and the
>deer was provoked. See people's
>dogs chasing the deer all
>the time. I'm sure that
>helps the winter survival rate.
>People should be more responsible
>with there dogs.

Seriously? In your own, high fenced back yard you should not be able to let your dog out? Sorry it was a sad situation, but we would all be cheering if it was a coyote shot in same situation.

Some of you sound as bad as the animal nuts. If it is a neighborhood of any sort, then people should be able to live relatively free of the fear of wild animal attacks on pets or of the people. Especially in a fenced in back yard. Regardless of what was one there...

What will s.f.w. do to fix this problem? That's who is running you poor guys wildlife now! Lmfao
hornkiller.jpg

I grew up hunting that area too. Its sad to see the houses all over the range but honestly..... I see big bucks up there all the time still. And I love deer and elk as much as the next guy but humans come first. Always. Now I don't doubt that the guys story is bull. A deer kicking your ass.... Seriously? Maybe the deer was rabid. And I don't doubt the original guy probably approached the deer and cornered it, like anyone who doesn't know anything about wildlife would do.

I agree. A human life should always come first and I wasn't trying to make light of the fact the guy got hurt, it's just a personal gripe of mine that a bunch of yuppies built there homes on top of a mountain cutting prime winter range in half and then piss and moan about animals cornering their dogs, wrecking their fence and eating their garden. And these same people cried their eyes out about the evil bow hunters until Draper city kicked in no hunting restrictions.

I think the guy was nuts! Some here seem to think that a rutted or otherwise crazed up buck wouldn't be much of a threat to a healthy full grown man. I beg to differ. In a knock down drag out, my money is on the mature buck over most mature men. Just because Mt Lions make easy game of them is no reason to not be on your guard and certainly do not provoke a attack by trying to act aggressive.

In my prime i would not want to mess with a 225 pound Muley with a attitude.

Deer just like to edge in, right in close to town. Could be what they get to eat but in my local, i think they do it because they feel protected from our large Predator base. I myself care about some deer as much as i do about some people. I assume that there are people one can call to avoid fisticuffs with what might appear as a trespassing deer. I get a big buck up close looking sideways at me, i'm making a call.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

5th generation Utahn and am sad at the development this state makes in prime winter habitat. Suncrest is a developer money making project. There are many other places the rich could have built their homes other than the absolute most important places for wildlife.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-10-16 AT 06:02PM (MST)[p]The buck jumped into the back yard and got stuck on the fence, which ripped it's testicles off. Which i would guess the reason for the aggressive behavior. The dad was trying to get the deer off the dog and through the gate was all. Everybody has different views on their family pets. Some people think they are just dogs and some think they are family members. It's just an unfortunate situation.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom