Classifieds

ramtagless

This is a general 'classified ad' thought and not meant to suggest anything about the classified section on MM.

You hear more stories these days about trucks getting broken into and cleaned out...rifles, bows, scopes, binos, range finders, etc. Selling that stuff has never been easier...classifieds, craigslist, ebay, etc.

What percentage of the gear you see for sale do you think is hot? I don't know what you do about it, maybe the only thing you can do is be careful and try to catch the dirty sob's.

I think theft is up partly because it is so easy to sell stolen items. Or has it always been this easy?

It is easier to sell stolen stuff than posting it on line. Most people who steal, don't want a "trail"....I doubt much is stolen that is on these classifieds.

I bought a Hoyt Katera off ebay last year bare bones not set up. When it got here the serial number tag was missing? I dont know if it was stolen or secretly sold by a dealer for a cheap price just to move some product. It was brand new never shot,no marks, nice bow! I am happy with it. shoots great.

I am obviously not accusing anyone of anything.

But, you occasionally see some gear for sale and you scratch your head. Like: I have two barely used high quality spotting scopes for sale, as is with out the original box.

I dont know. Someone could steal all my stuff and resale it and I wouldn't be able to recognize 75% of it. You could steal my range finder, put it on ebay and I might buy it back from you.

Anything with a serial number (rifle, bow) would be an exception...

I think you are spot on. I would not suspect there is a lot of that going on here, but it would be rather naive to say it doesn't happen. Many hot items tend to favor the auction sites. There are a few however, I've seen with more than a couple red flags ie., new items for sale significantly under retail, multiple items of the same thing, new user account, ect.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom