CO 09 Elk tag price!!

280rem

Just wondering why the heck does CO seem to raise the price every year on tags!!! Because they can?!! $546 plus app fee $549!!!!! OUCH AND A WHAT THE HELLLL!! Don't say thats not a lot either! Colorado has a long way to go on quality for elk! This must be the way to replace the money lost on the hunters that have said "to hell with it" can't afford to go!!

Co has a system to set price increases every year based on some kind of an inflation, cost of living index, formula. Compared to other states that jump prices up dramaticly every so many years.

Piper, Well buddy all I know is that mine and a whole hell of alot of others cost of living has hit the toilet with a thundering splash!! You'll see the states jack up the costs but you'll never see'em drop them or do much with the extra money except fund thier own cost of living!! Still gonna go, but its realy getting harder and harder every year. I realy dont think that the stated care how realy hard it gets for us out here just as long as they get the cash!!!!

Makes you wounder what would happen if everyone and I mean everyone just said ah screw it and not hunt for one year could you imagine what it would do to the economy and Gov. agencies.

Windage and elevation pilgrim windage and elevation

Man oh Man,,, Haven't you heard? We have a New Liberal Pres..
And he's just waiting to give a Trillion Dollars away.
All Colorado has to do is ask and he'll help'em out.
It's just borrowed money on borrowed time. Go huntin,,, faget aboutit.

It wasn't long ago that the price of a NR license actually dropped because it is indexed. It has a good chance of going down for '10.

Seriously, I do see where you're coming from--but is there a cheaper state to hunt with better hunting--if so that's where I'm headed.

Hunters could probably get a handout if we aligned ourselves with the some hardcore preservation group. Until we're on the Dem's cool list we'll be chopped liver.

I am just glad they did not go up anymore than a few bucks.At my age I am not in the shape to wait till next year .With only a few more elk huntin years in me ,I am going every chance I can.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-16-09 AT 09:17PM (MST)[p]do you mean if you draw, or if you want to shoot spikes? Either way feel free--we could use the space! J/K you're welcome to come shoot our elk-every year if you want to-we won't even impose a limit on NR licenses.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom