CO elk draw question.

Bill_in_MI

LAST EDITED ON Mar-05-11 AT 08:49PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Mar-05-11 AT 08:49?PM (MST)

If a unit was historicaly 100% drawn with 0 points, can I put a pref point as choice 1 and the unit for choice 2 AND be guarenteed the unit? I understand that if there is enough influx of applicants with more points I would be out. But what if it stays 100% this year? Am I a shoe-in?

Thx
Bill

LAST EDITED ON Mar-05-11 AT 09:19PM (MST)[p]No it wouldn't be a lock. Look at the draw results from last year and see how many 2nd, 3rd, and 4th choice applicants drew tags. If there were 3rd or 4th choice applicants that drew last year, you know that all the 2nd choice applicants drew as well. This may be a good indication that you may draw on your second choice this year but you can't rely on last years stats because the variables might have changed (more applicants and/or less tags available).
If there were no 3rd or 4th choice applicants that drew but some 2nd choice applicants, you have to look at the totals to see what your odds are. If 6 second choice applicants drew and there were 10 second choice applicants total, you could figure that (at least) 60% of the 2nd choice applicants drew.
I say at least because there could have been some of the 2nd choice applicants that drew their first choice and thus, would not have been in the 2nd choice drawing. The stats just list the number of applicants that put that hunt for their 2nd choice without subtracting out the ones that actually drew their first choice. I know that was a long explanation but I hope it helps.

"Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud"

yes.
APPLICATION UPDATES/CORRECTIONS If you made an error on your application (i.e. wrong hunt code/group ID correction) you must
send a letter to the Colorado Division of Wildlife (CDOW) or email [email protected] requesting that the CDOW fix your
application. Please provide the following information in your request:
1. Customer ID number (CID) and Transaction Number.
2. Daytime telephone number.
3. Your request (be very specific - if this is a request to correct a hunt code you must provide the entire hunt code).
4. If you are requesting a change to a group application, include each group member's CID and hunt code information.
There are no guarantees that all correction requests can be accommodated. However an effort will be made to complete every request. The
deadline to receive correction requests is February 16, 2011 for Spring Turkey and April 11, 2011 for Big Game. After these
deadlines, no letters or emails for correction will be accepted. Please include your transaction number, CID, name, DOB, and address with
your email or letter and provide a detailed description with your requested correction. Please do not email the CO webmaster to update
your application(s). Requests submitted to the CO webmaster for application updates will not be processed. Habitat Stamp is NON
Refundable.

"Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud"

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom