cody, wy south fork road

M

muleemojo

new to the site, wondering if anybody could provide any updates on hunting the public land off of south fork road. went last year and had a great time.

MuleeMojo, Ive been hunting the Cody Area for the last 8 years and have a buddy who lives up the South fork. I read one of the other post you put up about the TE ranch and where you guys hunt.Been there a couple times but (luckly) no grizz. Where else have you tried around Cody? HAve you tried north of Cody in the Sunlight Basin?, We have been in that area a couple of times and its pretty good when its cold and white. The nice thing about Cody is the 360 degree hunting area surrounding Cody. You can find deer in about any direction you go.
Heres what we did last year.(Hope for a storm or two)
12-1.jpg

JR is right! We've killed bucks North, West, and South of Cody. We've hunted the area for about fifteen years. Had some great years and even been skunked a couple of times. On average, there is usually 3 or 4 of us and we kill 2 or 3 bucks. We always hunt the last week and hope for snow. Here is one good buck I killed within eye shot of Bobcat/Houlihan Canyons.

4716e2e62e949b9c.jpg

I had the same question..

Are the public land areas around Cody National Forest, BLM or a combination of both. By the way, nice bucks and nice photo work the background really makes the picture.

The south fork is some of the most scenic country anywhere.
Hunted there for elk twice.
Once late, saw a bunch of bulls, took a 3 antlered freak and a decent 25" muley.
Another October 1st, took a nice 6x6.
Lots of sheep down low, late in the season too.
HH

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom