Coleman Instant Tent

I don't know about the Instant tent, but I've been shopping for a tent and found out something interesting. I bought a Coleman 9x7 and returned it. I haven't looked at tents for years, but now almost all of them have mesh walls/top. The Coleman I bought had a mesh roof with no zippers/windows. I suspect they do this to save money. Even during the summer this isn't acceptable for Colorado camping. Most tents made these days are similar. It looks like you have to spend some $$ on an expedition quality tent to get something decent. I found an MSR I like, but it's over $600.

I used this tent in California for early deer season hunts(hot)and it is great, sets up super fast and seems to be pretty well made. I don't know how it would be in heavy downpours.

We picked up one this year for early season hot weather camping/hunting. Sets up easy with only one person doing the work. But you need to set it up once or twice to get the hang of it. We purchased the 10X14 size. The tent is well made but the floor is thin. Best to put something down on the ground or rocks will punch through. We purchased some indoor-outdoor carpet to make the floor last. The tent also makes a nice screen room with a floor for snake country like where we hunt. That's why we picked it up. Great for setting up tables and keeping the flys and yellow jackets away from your eating area. The tent can take a few showers and rain but there is no rain type cover. The tent has nice reinforcing lines that must be used. If you get into any wind conditions and don't use all the reinforcing lines the tent poles will bend and that will not allow the poles to extend properly making the tent useless. The tent comes with a warning paper explaining the necessity to use all the reinforcing guide ropes in windy conditions.

Tent was a great buy for the money.. about $270.00 at Cabela's. It is the only large screened in area hot weather tent we could find with a complete sealed in floor to keep the critters/snakes out.

Hope this was helpful :)

))))------->

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom