Colorado 2nd Choice Question

Layemdown

Does the Colorado 2nd choice work like Wyoming's, where you can only draw your 2nd choice if it is underdrawn by 1st choice applicants? Also, do the bonus points have any weight after the 1st choice draw is over?

Any suggestions on decent 2nd choice areas?? Not asking for any honey holes, just like to hunt deer; I am looking for an area where a 22 inch 4-point would be a good possibility, with a chance for better. PM if you'd like.

Layemdown

"Vegetables are not food, vegetables are what food eats!!"

You are correct in your 2nd choice assumption and bonus pts do not have any impact. It's a random draw system for all those that put in for the 2nd choice that didn't draw their 1st choice.
Sorry but I don't have any deer spots to suggest as I usually just deer hunt to get out and haven't seen much in the units I hunt.

As COLOelkman states,all first choice applicants have to be drawn before the first 2nd choice is drawn.

And not only do points not count for anything on a second choice, but that drawing is done without regard to resident status. In other words, a nonresident has an equal chance with a resident to be drawn in the secondary drawings.

But to be clear, Colorado does not have bonus points, they have prefrence points(for deer and elk)

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom