Colorado 521/52/411 4th Season Deer Elk

MTStiller

My situation is that while I have been fortunate to hunt several western states, this is my first time hunting in Colorado. 10 years applying and drew this 4th season deer tag. I won't be able to pre-scout the unit in person but will do what I can via google earth, maps, etc. I have a few questions and fully understand that many won't want to share info. However, in past years I have always tried to assist others when asked about hunting in areas that I have familiarity. So, quid pro quo, if I can help with any of the following, please let me know: Montana pretty much anywhere, Utah Vernon, Wyoming Unit 7 elk, WY 119 deer, Nevada Unit 61-65 deer.

My questions:
1. Can I get this done DYI or should I just hire a guide? I really prefer to go alone but after 10 years of applying will do what is best.
2. Which unit should I concentrate on? This seems like a lot of country to cover and I would like to just find one area and go for it.
3. Are there any private ranches that offer a trespass fee to hunt and if so, is that a good idea?
4. The OTC 3rd season elk ends three days before my hunt. Have considered coming down for end of that and combining elk hunting and deer scouting. Not sure if this is realistic so would appreciate feedback.
5. Mid-November I assume will likely be cold. Are there good camping areas that are accessible or should I just find a motel room?

As stated above, I appreciate anyone taking the time to help me out.

Regards.

Have hunted this area alot in 3rd season. Had my wife apply for 4th season last year. She drew and we had a great hunt. I will send you a pm.

I've been eyeing this unit as well. No first hand knowledge yet but plan on a scouting trip next month to explore for next year possibly. Second hand info told me that private land in 4th season for deer has great potential . If you don't mind shoot me a PM on what your learning, I'll do the same.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom