Colorado area 22

Huntmaster87

I just was looking for some advice on some other areas that are worth hunting other than Cathedral Bluffs. I only have a tag for season 2 that starts in a few days and I know a lot of people hunt up on top next to area 21. Are there any other areas worth trying to find a decent good buck?

>I just was looking for some
>advice on some other areas
>that are worth hunting
>other than Cathedral Bluffs. I
>only have a tag for
>season 2 that starts in
>a few days and I
>know a lot of people
>hunt up on top next
>to area 21. Are there
>any other areas worth trying
>to find a decent good
>buck?

Welcome

LAST EDITED ON Oct-16-19 AT 12:54PM (MST)[p]Welcome to the forum.

From CPW:
DO NOT ASSUME PRIVATE LANDS REMAIN OPEN EACH YEAR, even if you have hunted there for years.

Caerus Oil and Gas recently acquired several thousand acres, known as the ?Girls Claims?, from Encana. Encana previously allowed hunting to take place on this property; however, Caerus representatives have indicated they are no longer allowing access to hunters.

In addition, Shell Oil Company previously allowed access on their property located on the western edge of GMU 22. The property was recently acquired by a new owner that is no longer allowing public access to this area.

Colorado Parks and Wildlife respects the rights of private landowners to use their lands in their own Interests. CPW does not have the authority to direct any private landowner to provide access for hunting. Any decision to allow access is solely at the discretion of the landowner.
CPW continues to work closely with all landowners, including oil and gas companies, to pursue management objectives and allow hunting access where possible.

Remember, trespassing is a serious crime. Always be sure about the status of these properties before you enter private lands. Check signage or verify with landowners prior to hunting in these areas. Make sure you have current maps.

If you have questions or concerns, please contact the landowner.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom