Colorado Deer Hunt

troutcarver

I just received the news that we received our landowner voucher for Colorado 3rd season deer in units 71/711. I could be more excited. This will be my first hunt in Colorado. I've heard that this can be a good hunt all depending on the weather. I would like to make a scouting trip down there before the hunt. When would be the best time to scout that area? We want to check the private land that we have permission on but we would also like to check on the surrounding public lands. Any help or past experiences that you have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I just returned from 2 weeks in 711/70/71 and saw quite a few more deer this year than last including several decent bucks. Hunting third season on private land in this area should be very productive. Most if not all the deer I saw were on private land.

3rd is a good hunt in these units hunt hard and you can produce good deer this is in my back yard :)i live in cortes

How dry is it in 711 this year? I have 3rd season bull and bear tags. Probably will not be able to make a scouting trip down there this summer due too work. The areas in west central CO still have good plant growth with the recent rains in the mid to higher areas. Last year I seen a few deer crossing FS Road 526 down by Dolores, if you don't have any luck in your other areas, but mainly does.

Only a couple of week left till we head over to Colorado. I'm getting real excited for this hunt. How has the weather been. Is any one been or going to be hunting the 2nd season over there? Ill keep you all posted on how the hunt progresses.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom