Colorado Landowner tags

gl7mm

It is apparantly official that the discussed changes to the LO program have been implemented. On the CDOW website they have information about it. I really question whether it is going to put more free tags in the pocket of the non-landowning residents - which is what they want - or lower the costs for the non-residents - which is what they want. It would be my guess that the big winners will be the outfitters as they already have the out-state clients and the landowner contacts. They book a hunter and send them over to the landowner to buy the voucher. They will know be able to book hunters with the confidence of knowing they can get tags. Funny how it works - you take it away from one group and someone else benefits. These changes may get in the way of the commercial tag brokers but, I doubt if there will be many other benefits. There is one inescapable truth the vouchers go to the landowners anyway and no matter how you slice the pie they will get the ultimate benefit.

I CDOW would list landowner tags so a person would at least know who to contact that would help. I am guessing some landowner tags will go unused because they are not heard about.

Time will tell,

Archer

There is no doubt in my mind that landowners in premier units that manage for quality bucks will have no problem finding guys to purchase landowner vouchers. In fact, I have a steaking suspician many landowners already have a long list of buyers waiting to purchase vouchers.

As far as outfitters go, there really is not much different than what was available to them with the past system. If a hunter really wants to do it right he ought to get his butt over to the Colo unit he wants to hunt and talk face to face with landowners! Get to know them and their land! In the good ole days this is how it used to be!

The change that is "supposed" to occur is landowners that sell tags are required to allow access to their property. If this happens it will be a good thing for guys with these tags and also put a little less pressure on adjacent public land.

Unfortunately I have a feeling this won't happen and landowners will figure out ways to get around allowing hunters access to their ranches! I still say private land only tags in a public draw system is the way to go. It will get rid of all the creepy crud that is going on!

Somebody's getting an early start...

An ad in today's Classified section of the local paper:

"2007 Deer Land Owner Tags Wanted:
Would like to buy direct from land owner.
Patrick: 210-xxx-xxxx"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom