Colorado or Idaho

M

muledeerhunter

I been hunting in colorado ones and got a small three point.i never been to idaho yet but dont no were to go.where do u think is better deer hunting.And if you no any good idaho spots are that will bee great.

You should be very proud of yourself there "coloradoboy". Why even reply if you are just going to be rude to the kid? I hope you feel better about yourself.

Eastmans magazine would be a little easier on the pocket than garth carter for a 14 old and it has a lot of good info. in it. This site is the cheapest for you. Maybe some one will be nice enough to answer your question!

I love Idaho country but there isn't enough game to keep the hunt exciting, I'm actually dropping idaho out of my future plans tell they manage it better and have been building points in colorado, your best bet is to do what you have been.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-10-10 AT 10:28AM (MST)[p]I have hunted muleys in Idaho and the quality of the hunt is way down but, there are some good bucks if you're willing to work for it. The other dvantage to ID is you can get OTC tags. Idaho also has raffle tags (Idaho Super Tag) and some really good controlled hunts for big bucks. The downside is poor draw odds for the controlled hunts.

If you're after trophy bucks, skip Idaho and build points in CO until you can draw a good unit.

Raghorn Hunting Services
www.raghornhuntingservices.com
[email protected]

I hunt in colorado and have never been to Idaho. I hunt a unit that takes no points to draw. My uncle has shot two 180's out of there and I have seen atleast ten 200 plus class deer out of three years hunting there for me. I am always in the mountains around Rifle colorado and consintintley see big bucks. I hope this helps you a little.

I dont know where you live in relationship to colorado and Idaho, but I would pick the closest, cheapest to-get-to place. If all being equal, my pick would be Colorado. Lots of places to draw and hunt without needing points and plenty of deer. I dont know if it applies, but elk tags can be purchased over the counter in lots of units as well. Why hunt deer or elk when you can hunt both I always say ! Good luck whatever you decide. Happy hunting !
-Sig

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom