Colorado Pronghorn?

Lkslayer

If I understand correctly, you can buy archery Pronghorn tags over the counter for a lot of the north western corner of Colorado. The questions are... Are there a lot of Pronghorn in that part of the state? Is it mostly public or private lands? Is it worth getting a tag and what can be expected?

All tags in the NW corner are draw except for unit 1 archery and you had better know what you are getting into before getting that tag. Hit the Colorado Parks & Wildlife website and start researching there some.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway."

LAST EDITED ON Feb-21-13 AT 09:25PM (MST)[p]Those tags are a joke. The tag includes the unit i have hunted my entire live, in that time I have seen exactly 2 antelope in the unit and that was nearly 15 years ago. Growing up in Rifle I have been all over the place. So let me put it this way:

Units 31,32,33,34,24, 22, 42, 421, 43,51,521, I have traveled all those units on multiple occasions and never saw a single lope. The only unit on the list where I have seen lopes on more than one rare occasion has been in 22 but that was right near meeker on the private there is a small group of about 6 that moves through the area.

It is fraud and when I brought it up to the doe officer in my area he just laughed...

On the flip side they are good for the plains where there are actually a few some animals...

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom