Colorado regulations

LAST EDITED ON Feb-01-11 AT 06:36PM (MST)[p]To my knowledge there are no regulations except in the Gunnison Basin. I don't know for sure, but I think any shed hunting before May 1 in the Basin is prohibited . . . That said, I'm not one to play ethics police, but . . . it would do us a lot of good if everyone just followed the unwritten rule of waiting until spring comes along to do any serious trouncing around in wintering areas . . . The sad truth is that lots of people won't, and there will be more rules and regulations. Just saying . . .

Thanks, that was my conclusion from my research as well. Just wanted to make sure I didn't miss something. Well put on waitin tell spring to encroach into winter feeding areas. Its amazing what you see some people do..

"2. All publicly-owned lands in GMUs 54, 55, 551, 66 and 67 shall be closed to the collection of shed antlers from January 1 through March 14 annually, and shall further be closed to the collection of shed antlers between legal sunset and 10:00 AM from March 15 through May 15 annually, provided further that the Director or his designee may establish additional closures as necessary under the criteria set forth in WCR #020.E.6."

I have family up there and plan my annual "shed hunting" trip with my dad around these dates. I can't wait to get up there this year !

From what I hear, anyone from Utah will be shot as soon as they cross the state line. I'll have to check the regulations

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom