Colorado unit 33 3rd season

huntzall

Can anyone help me out with this unit? I've never hunted Colorado before and was thinking of buying a voucher! Is there lots of accessible public ? What's the weather like that time of year ? What kind've bucks could I expect to see if I hunt hard ? Pm if you can help

LAST EDITED ON Jul-15-14 AT 08:57PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jul-15-14 AT 08:56?PM (MST)

>Can anyone help me out with
>this unit? I've never hunted
>Colorado before and was thinking
>of buying a voucher! Is
>there lots of accessible public
>? What's the weather like
>that time of year ?
>What kind've bucks could I
>expect to see if I
>hunt hard ? Pm if
>you can help

I would not buy a voucher in that unit... Plenty of public land but the deer are hurting and there are very few respectable bucks to be had.... Unless it was almost free I would not spend the money. That being said, hunt it for 2nd season only because I have no other options due to the points game. Last year I hunted it for 6 days and never saw a true 4 point but I did see every little forky and 2 point get hammered. You can get that tag easily in the draw and not have to pay for a voucher at all...

If you really do buy the tag then I will help point you to some areas but my expectations would be low...

Also durning our hunt last year we saw 14 legal bulls and one was over 300... It was definitely not a matter of how hard we hunted....

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom