Colorado Unit 40 Arch and Mzl Elk Success

36808img6783.jpeg

My buddy killed this bull on public land the last Saturday of Archery. Real happy for him as this was his first ever archery elk after a few year of misfortune.

While no expert on unit 40 I would venture to say you really need to have private access to make it worth the points required to draw, We accessed this BLM through private we had permission on. It was possible to access legally but physically not practical.

The bull to cow ratio was awesome and the quaIity of bulls we saw but did not kill was great. Most of the bulls we saw were mature 6x's or even 7x's. It was weird that we didn't see many rag horns and only 2 spikes. Not many cows.

The neighboring ranch (15k elk hunt) was so loaded with big screaming bulls it was unreal. Ours was not.

Disclaimer: Our experience was a microcosm for the unit as we hunted such a small area of unit 40. Just our experience. I'm sure it could of been totally different depending on the location and year. JMHO. FYI. WE had fun! :)

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom