Colorado Wins!

Bluehair

Long Time Member
Woo Hoo! The Rainbow Fambily is headed back. Looks like its gunna be up Jct way, but we’ll still get plenty of hitch hikers and bums.

When they picked here, they didn’t leave until the snow pushed them out. They were hitchhiking nekkid on the forest circus roads and everything.

But we sure like the economic boost we get from having to clean the public toilets and pick up trash after them. Oh, and the jails fill up.;)

I hope to heck they don’t end up on Grand Mesa which is rumored as a backup site to Grand County. We had them a Overland Reservoir and it was a huge mess. I was camped a few miles from there during archery season and a few stay behinds walked into my camp when I was making dinner, said they were hungry. I pulled up my shirt and showed them my pistol and told them to leave.

They came to my neck of the woods when I was a teenager, and a certain testosterone filled redneck buddy of mine went skinny dipping with them. He was trying to discover free love. We still tell him he’s part of the Rainbow clan! ?

One year a rancher in Oregon had to move his cattle out of a meadow they were planning on using. While the rancher used the meadow the forest service would come around and measure the height of the grass. If it got eaten to low the rancher would get a significant fine and need to move his cattle. After the hippies left that meadow was 2 inches of dust with little grass remaining. They pay no fines and rules do not apply to them. Frustrating :mad:

A few years back there were thousands of them in the hills east of here. the rainbows are mostly well to do old hippes and really aren't a problem to anyone. the drainbows they're called are the losers who follow them around and they're thieves and tweakers.

Nobody much cared for them being here but the businesses in town said the amount of money they made off of them was well worth the stolen goods they lost. and they're welcome back anytime.

When they left other than the grass being trampled down you couldn't hardly tell they had been there. a lot less junk left than there is in a normal Deer season by all the Portland hunters.

One year a rancher in Oregon had to move his cattle out of a meadow they were planning on using. While the rancher used the meadow the forest service would come around and measure the height of the grass. If it got eaten to low the rancher would get a significant fine and need to move his cattle. After the hippies left that meadow was 2 inches of dust with little grass remaining. They pay no fines and rules do not apply to them. Frustrating :mad:

Are you talking about the rainbows or the eclipse thing a couple years ago?

The rainbows have to get a permit everyone fought it. but it is public land so nobody has an exclusive right to it. I used to run an allotment myself so I know all about dealing with people on public lands, but at the end of the day the fees I paid didn't come close to what it cost the taxpayers to have me there so it's hard to get too butthurt over it.

The rainbows have to get a permit everyone fought it. but it is public land so nobody has an exclusive right to it. I used to run an allotment myself so I know all about dealing with people on public lands, but at the end of the day the fees I paid didn't come close to what it cost the taxpayers to have me there so it's hard to get too butthurt over it.
Thank you for being the first rancher I’ve ever heard actually admit that. We’ve got some pasture we rent as well as some private and I’ve been blown away with how cheap the people with federal grazing permits are able to run cattle on public land.

I have always been aware of it and it's hard to deny. I think fed fees are $1.35 per AUM today and private pasture is many times that always. that would be bad enough but in years like this the drought and feed assistance will pay WAY more than the grazing fees so taxpayers are actually paying to have cattle on public lands. quite a bit actually.

I'm not knocking them I took advantage of the low fees and I've collected from FSA as well and I still didn't make much in the end. it's a tough racket and I'm not opposed to well managed grazing on federal land. but when I hear the permit holders whining they really need to STFU they're getting a sweetheart deal and if they don't like it they don't have to run on it. it's really no different than welfare recipients crying about not getting everything they want.

I could not remember the name of the group but it was the year of the eclipse. They were camped west of 395 in the Murderers creek unit. There were stories about them in the market messing with produce so the store would have to throw it away. They would come back at night and dig it out of the dumpster.

Yes that was a clustershag for the whole area. the big group was on private land in the Ochoco's, 10's of thousands I don't remember how many. but it wasn't the rainbows they were just whatever kind of people it is that travels from all over the world to see the sun disappear for a few seconds. lots of oh my god hot burning man chics though that's for damn sure.

The drainbows do poke holes in meat packaging and stuff like that it's their trademark way to steal. the stores figured it out and started taking stuff away immediately to reduce it.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom