Compact tripod/head combo found--good value

buglinst

I just got a lightweight compact carbon tripod. After looking at all the manfrottos/oudoorsman/slick I was wondering if i was stuck with my $40 cheapy tripod I've used for years. The price of these next level tripods kept them out of my budget. It seems I have found what I was looking for. Went to best buy looking for a new phone and was delighted with what I found instead. 16"h(closed) 4 sections Approx41"h(extended)carbon, lightweight. called a rocketfish. $80 comes with a head. I feel that I got good value.

Believe me. even more important than the tripod is the head. scanning with a grid system is the most important part of glassing. unless there is a deer/animal standing wide in the open you need a grid to really explore the area. With this in mind I wanted to get a good head.
I called the outdoorsman and they seem really knowlegable on this subject. I went ahead and purchased the jim white head. and a couple extra plates.

Now, just under $400 I'm happy with what I got.

This is just FYI because of the good information I get from this site. hope this helps

Steve

I too am looking for a new tripod and your Rocketfish got me interested so I googled it and couldn't come up with one that matches your description. The only one I could find is pretty big and heavy. Extends to 65" folds to 28.7" and weighs 5.8lbs! Do you mind telling me where you found your smaller version of the Rocketfish?

partnumber rf-trp47c I found it on the best buy website.forgot to tell you about the case and it does come with a head.

good luck

No I did not. I rolled my backpack down a mountain and damaged my swarovski spotter which is what I was planning on using for digiscoping. By the time I got it back from swarovski my hunt was over. Dang it! Maybe next year. fatrooster.

T that is to bad. I used to love the nevada archery hunt. I have hunted many of the nevada units.those hunts are really fun.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom