concealed carry on the archery hunt???

travishunter3006

Very Active Member
After a great argument I have been lft befuddled still. Can you conceal carry (obviously if you have a permit)on the archery hunt? In Utah.

It was a big bodied 2 point.

Haven't read the proclamation have you?
a20792b12a43280588e9ae_s.JPG

Yes you can carry during the archery hunt. The rule has changed this year. you actually don't even need the CCP to have a handgun with you. Here are the statements from the guide book last year and this year, notice the difference in wording:

If you obtain an archery permit, you may not possess or be in control of a firearm?or have a firearm in your camp or motor vehicle?during the archery hunt. The only exceptions to this rule are the following people:
? Hunters who are licensed to hunt upland game or waterfowl (You must comply with the regulations in the Upland Game Guidebook or Waterfowl Guidebook, and you may possess only those firearms and archery equipment that are legal for taking upland game or waterfowl.)
? Hunters who are licensed to hunt big game species during rifle or muzzleloader hunts that coincide with the archery hunt
? Livestock owners who are protecting their livestock
? Individuals who are licensed to carry a concealed weapon in accordance with Utah Code ? 53-5-7 (You may not use your concealed firearm to hunt or take protected wildlife.)

If you obtain an archery permit, you may use only the archery equipment authorized in this section to take the species listed on the permit
You may not possess or be in control of a rifle, shotgun or muzzleloader while in the field during an archery hunt. For the purposes of this section, ?field? means a location where you are likely to find the species listed on your permit. (You are not considered to be in the field if you are in an established camping area or traveling in a fully enclosed automobile or truck.)
This restriction does not apply to the follow?ing people:
? Hunters who are licensed to hunt upland game or waterfowl (You must comply with the regulations in the Upland Game Guidebook or Waterfowl Guidebook, and you may possess only those firearms and archery equipment that are legal for taking upland game or waterfowl.)
? Hunters who are licensed to hunt big game species during rifle or muzzleloader hunts that coincide with the archery hunt
? Livestock owners who are protecting their livestock
? Individuals who are licensed to carry a concealed weapon in accordance with Utah Code ? 53-5-7 (You may not use your concealed firearm to hunt or take protected wildlife.)

The way they have it written...If you have a CCP, you can carry a rifle in the "field" during archery season.

Grizzly

IMO... I wonder why you can't carry openly for protection as long as you don't use it to hunt. Kinda like bringing a knife to a bear fight. I guess you better get a CCW permit. Good luck.

Have not read the proc on it but I do. Never know what lunatic your gonna run into while out there in the middle of nowhere or who is gonna decide they want whats not theirs. If i leave the house im carrying

If you were to get a CWP, it will also save the 7.50 background fee and the waiting period when you purchase a firearm from a retailer.

Why not get a permit then you can carry concealed during the archery hunt and all year long?

If you want to take a class, let me know and I can help you and will get you some information.

I'm waitin for the PETA bunch that pack/jab the Stick & Drive the LEZBARU to find out rather I carry or not!

For GAWDS Sakes Guys,We Got Kids on this Site,Some of them are 65 years Old!:D

I don't care if they're big or small!
If they throw lead I like em all!
:p

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom