Conservation groups without public tags

T

TheElitehornhunter

I believe another proposal should be made that eliminates Conservation groups from receiving public tags. The wildlife belongs to the people. It is not up to the people to subsidize conservation organizations.

Conservation groups can still raise money through fundraisers and donations that they can later auction off at their banquets. They don't need public tags in order to be successful.

Furthermore, when Conservation groups such as SFW receive public tags then they try to get the most out of tags. One way they do this is by limiting opportunity so that the permit value will go up. When bull elk permits aren't selling as high then SFW has the Wildlife Board raise the age class objectives. Also fewer permits are issued to help grow more 380 to 400 plus bulls. This way they can get more money out of each permit, but what does this mean for the average joe?

The average joe has to wait long to draw a bull permit. It almost takes 20 bonus points to draw a tag on some units. Also there is fewer opportunities to hunt big bulls when SFW keeps raising the age class objectives.

I believe Conservation groups shouldn't receive public tags to sell. I believe they can still be successful in raising money, but they need to work a little harder and think more creative when it comes to fundraisers.

+1 Rmef only recieves 2 from Utah and they do more for wildlife than SFW can even dream of. Stop the welfare tag giveaway!!

>+1 Rmef only recieves 2 from
>Utah and they do more
>for wildlife than SFW can
>even dream of. Stop the
>welfare tag giveaway!!

Please show me where RMEF has done anything in Utah to improve wildlife, or hunting.
It is pathetic to me how they get any recognition in my home state of Utah. If you want to hate sfw that's fine but don't sing praise to a group that does nothing but send out a magazine and talk big. I would hope everyone would look into what conservation groups are actually out fighting battles that matter.
It would be wonderful if there was no need for conservation permits because the DWR received all the money that was needed through other means. Without conservation permits wildlife will suffer. Until a better method of raisings millions of dollars is proven Utah will continue to support conservation permits. Only a fool would believe that conservation permits only benefit the rich.
I will join RMEF if you can show me how they do more for utah wildlife and the average Joe hunter than SFW does. That's what it's about isn't it ? Not who claims to be more transparent.

>
>Here's where http://www.rmef.org/Conservation/WhereWeWork/Utah/
>
>
>
>"WHEN INJUSTICE BECOMES LAW" "REVOLUTION
>BECOMES DUTY" unknown
>
>Windage and elevation pilgrim windage and
>elevation

Thanks I'll do my homework. I'm interested to see who does more for wildlife, and for the average Joe. I posted a question and I appreciate your response.

you screwed up rite off the bat when you said (I believe)! your belief does not make you a better person ! your behavior does ! really stop and think about that !!!

"you screwed up rite off the bat when you said (I believe)! your belief does not make you a better person ! your behavior does ! really stop and think about that !!!"

Is that really what you believe?........ Terry

I won't wade into the tag issues, nor am I a RMEF member, but since RMEF was brought up...

The Kingston Canyon property acquisition was heavily supported by RMEF. I was involved with part of the funding and approval of this project. Without RMEF a critical migration route between the Monroe and Dutton would not have been protected. The Sand Wash/Sink Draw project was also very important to the Currant Cr herds and opened the door for MDF/UDWR to acquire even more land from a very generous family.

All Groups do some good and all do some bad, just like most every person I know.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-30-12 AT 03:14PM (MST)[p]There will always be defenders of the public tag subsidized conservation organizations as long as there are like-minded entitlement outfitters benefitting from them..............and crooked politicians.

Member RMEF, Pope & Young Club, UBNM, UWC & the SFW Hate Club

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom