Cool Bear Encounter/Photo's

TheKnack

Very Active Member
LAST EDITED ON Jun-10-12 AT 12:14PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jun-10-12 AT 11:43?AM (MST)

While out hiking I came across this large fella before I made it over the mountain range.
Apologize for bad photo's as it was gusting wind and shot with a digital.
Had no choice but to come across a rock slide in the open to get closer.
Got to within 55-60 yards of him before I finally got winded by him. Not really a bear hunter but this encounter may change my mind to try it someday.
I know the photo's are hard to tell but how big do you think he would be?
9437bear1st.jpg

4581bear22.jpg

9165bear2nd.jpg

3326bear3rd.jpg

6453bear4th.jpg

8771bear5th.jpg

Pretty colour phase. It looks like a sow with that rounded head. Hard to tell size from those pics but I'd guess it probably would be close to 6 foot.

I had a 6' black boar try to climb in my tree stand this year, as he was coming up the tree I dumped a bottle of water on his face. Stopped him immediately! He backpeddled down, walked away from the tree and looked up at me with a bewildered look. I laughed outloud. Sorry, my post has nothing to do with this thread, that is a nice bear, I'd guess 6' or smaller, probably a sow. Cool color though.

Hard to say on size from a distance and nothing to compare it to, but I agree with the other guys that it is a neat color phase and the size/sex is probably about what I would guess.

Smitty, that's as cool a bear encounter is there ever was one. I think it would get a little exciting to have a bear crawling up your tree at you. Pouring water in his face, im not sure I would have thought of that. That's funny.

TheKnack, that's a beautiful bear dude. I have only seen black color black bears. I Have never run across a blond color phase like that but would sure like to with a tag in my pocket one day.

GBA

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom