Cool gear that I liked this fall

J

JREDBUCK

Feel free to add to this list, but this is some of the cool stuff that I added to my pack this year.
I like many of you like to collect hunting gear, it is part of the hunt and here are a few of the things that I liked this year. I want to hear about yours

I added
Steripen -didn't need to pack nearly as much water
Kenetrek boots - Better in the cooler weather
Goal Zero charger - for all of my tech gear
Tribe one Pacnet - The pacnet really holds all your gear in and keeps it from shifting around especially with meat and horns.

http://stores.ssoutdoors.com/-strse-Tribe-One-Outdoors/Categories.bok

Here is a pic of the tribe one pacnet from shale slide outdoors

1628dads_camera_012.jpg

I added a Trangia stove. they come in all sizes and i got one of the smaller ones. almost fits in my pocket.

but i use as my fuel. yes the heet that prevents your gas lines from freezing. but my little stove will burn up to 30 minutes.

i use it to keep my hands warm and the animals cant smell it. i even cooked a can of soup to...

I have a pair of the swarovski 15x56 binos and bought a badlands system. plain and simple they wouldn't fit in it. Does the alaskan creations one work?

Is that an ALPS commander pack frame??? if so how did it work? would you buy it again?
Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

The pack frame pack is a Kelty brand. I bought it at sportsmans a few years back. I have a 2200 but If I think I'm going to be packing any meat I always go back to this pack.
It is easy to access everything.
I use the 2200 when I'm not the hunter , the 2200 is 6 pounds before you put one thing in it. That weighs on my mind and my back as I'm hiking up the hill.
I also use it as a seat to glass with by dropping the meat shelf down and sitting on it. I have put on a ton of miles with this pack. My biggest complaint before was that i had to carry a bunch of bungee cords before to keep everything from shifting around now with the bungee system it is solid. I like to keep the weight up around shoulder height and this helps out.

JREDBUCK,

I use the Alaska Guide Creations and my Leica 15x Geovids fit in the large no problem. Call the Outdoorsmans in Arizona and they will tell you for sure since they sell both the AGC bino pack and Swarovskis.

Horniac

>I have a pair of the
>swarovski 15x56 binos and bought
>a badlands system. plain
>and simple they wouldn't fit
>in it. Does the alaskan
>creations one work?

JREDBUCK

Yes they fit in the large AGC pack, there are two sizes.

I have the Alps Commander and love it!! used it several times and its never failed.

Went on a four day backpack bow hunt. Rode in 4 miles on the mtn bikes and hiked another 2 miles from there. Pack weighed 60 lbs.
382sdc10242.jpg

Then used it to pack my brothers deer on the San Juan.

5099pa220073_-_copy.jpg

2961pa220076_-_copy.jpg

Mathews Z7
Easton FMJ 340
Sure Loc Single pin
TEAM RAMROD

A neck gaiter. This provided good comfortable warmth. It also protected my neck from sunburn, which was a threat at 11000' altitude and snow everywhere.

Water walker slip-ons and sweats. It was very convenient to pull on the water walkers on my feet and the sweats to go outside to pee in the middle of the night at elk camp. Beat pulling on trousers with zippers and a buttoned shirt and hunting boots.

Field dressing gloves -- both short, hand sized and long sleeved shoulder length. These kept a lot of the blood and gore off my clothes and skin when I gutted my elk. Elk are big, and when you reach up to get all the stuff out of the chest cavity, you are likely leaning your shoulder into the body cavity to accomplish that reach. You need something like this to help keep you somewhat clean. Also, I liked using surgical gloves and leather gloves over the surgical gloves when cutting up an elk. The first elk I cut up I skipped the gloves and dinged up my hands a lot of stuff like sharp bones. Also, the leather gloves provides some protection against cutting yourself with your knife if you make an error when cutting up the elk. Throw away the gloves when you are done.

Filson MacKinaw wool vest. This isn't new. I've used it for my last three elk hunts. It is still a favorite clothing article for me. It has a wide comfort range, is quiet, and is warm when wet.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom