cow elk AF canyon

L

lost soul (Guest)

Hey any one know where one might find a cow elk in the AF canyon area. I have been up there several times but have know idea where to even start looking. Now I am sure that you won't mind heading me in the right direction, I think the spread between there ears are the same so no secrets going here.

I have seen a few but mostly by the Dutchman mines..... if the weather stays nice they will be up high. Good luck

ya,i found one,look at my grill,no not my cooking grill,the one on the front of my chevy,i wished the hell you'dof shot this bastard before i found her!!

hunt close to the roads just after dark!

the only bessy eating road rash cow elk!

Try hunting around Cascade Springs.There is a canyon that runs to the north that connects to the mineral basin area.Get on the ridges and spot the clearings in the pines just before dusk.you will find them .Make a game plan for the next day.It has always worked for us in the past.Good Luck they are always at the top.

Thanks for the info, time this year has been limited and so any info helps.

hey your mountain is on fire....ha ha ha no killing the animals this year.

Take the timapnookee rd out across the face. Stop alot and glass hard. You are not going to get one off the road but its the easiest way to locate them. There is also a trail that starts off from a parking lot by the cascade springs cutoff. Not sure if you can get to either place with the fire though.
lotsa luck

I like to hunt the timpanooke rd. if you look to the west and glass the bowl first thing in the am you will find them feeding there. If it is late they are up by the rocks

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom