Cow Elk

Nobull

Hope that all are doing well with the Corona Virus. Prays for any that have been affected. I was unable to hunt in Colorado this year, some due to virus restrictions and some because of major home repairs.
I would like to get some recommendations on cow elk on public land; what are the best units to fill a cow elk tag, what are the best seasons. I have hunted GMU 61, GMU 65 and GMU 85. I hunt muzzle or rifle. I'm 73 years old so maybe some place that an old man can hunt without much trouble. I appreciate any info that can be given. I realize 1st rifle just began and most are hunting or getting ready to go. I just want to try and plan a hunt for next year. Sure miss not getting to go. I especially would like to hear recommendations from Coloradoboy and Beanman. Thanks

Give Hooker Mountain Outfitters in Hayden a call. He does really well and does not charge that much..December hunt and I think you might be able to go this year but not sure.

I appreciate the info littlebull. I pulled up the outfitters site and they are a little out of my budget even for next year. I'm from out of state so with the trip and license I spend close to what they want. I hunt DIY. Thanks again.
Give Hooker Mountain Outfitters in Hayden a call. He does really well and does not charge that much..December hunt and I think you might be able to go this year but not sure.

I would looking to late season cow tag for unit 3 or unit 11. The season is basically the whole month of December and the elk are usually moving good with the weather. Lots of public land in those areas and lots of flatland.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom